The NY44 Health Trust
- is a federal tax exempt Article 44 Trust created in 2003 by Erie 1 BOCES' management and labor organizations in a cooperative effort. Today the Trust is jointly run by 10 trustees, five appointed by the labor organizations involved and five appointed by the Erie 1 BOCES superintendent.
- is a plan overseen by the New York Insurance Department.
- is a cooperative venture with both union and management having equal say in benefits offered to the members and contributions for coverage charged to the employer.
- features a Plan Administrator to oversee the operations of the Trust.
- achieved self-funding status in 2008.
- underwent a name change July 2010 to NY44 Health Benefits Plan Trust.
- features coverage from Nova / Independent Health for residents in Allegany*, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming counties.
- features coverage from MVP for residents of the majority of counties in New York State; the exceptions are the counties of Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming, metro NYC and Long Island.
- has approximately 15,000 enrollees in 55 schools, districts, BOCES and community colleges representing more than 197 bargaining units.
- offers $0 co-payment for routine office visits.
- offers $0/ prescription co-payments on Tier 1 generics, Tier 1 & 2 diabetic medication, Tier 2 inhaled corticosteriods, and diabetic supplies such as insulin needles, syringes, lancets and test strips.
- provides an extensive array of online wellness information for enrollees.
- features a wellness program that rewards enrollees for receiving an annual physical exam and offers reimbursements for gym/fitness center membership fees.
*Allegany County providers are determined by the school district's location.